In the report Monitoring Invoices (Report ID : SRMIV_B03_Q0020, Data Source ID : SRMIV_B03, Data Source Name : Supplier Invoice Item Details) for a supplier invoice needing a currency conversion in Accounting, there is a difference between the Net Amount in Company Currency and the amount in the associated Journal entry.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work center.
- Go to Design Reports view.
- Find Monitoring Invoices - SRMIV_B03_Q0020.
- Open by clicking on the hyperlink.
- Input Invoice ID XYZ (XYZ represents the Supplier Invoice ID).
- Click Go.
- Check Net Amount in Company Currency.
You can see the value in the field Net Amount in Company Currency is different from the amount appearing in the Journal Entry.
This is normal system behaviour. Whenever the Net Amount in Company Currency is calculated, the system relied on the Invoice Date to fetch the exchange rate from the General Ledger for the Invoice ID. The Journal Entry, however, relies on the Posting date to fetch this exchange rate.
In order to resolve this issue, two new key figures have been created, namely Net Amount in Company Currency On Posting Date and Gross Amount in Company Currency On Posting Date. They reply on the posting date to calculate the exchange rate and in turn the Net Amount, similarly to the Journal Entry, to guarantee the values will be the same.
Exception : If an Exchange rate is maintained in the Supplier invoice directly, under the General Tab, Exchange rates sub-tab, this rate will be fetch over the one maintained in the General Ledger work centre. In that case,
- Net Amount in Company Currency On Posting Date and Gross Amount in Company Currency On Posting Date will be of 0.
- Net Amount in Company Currency and Gross Amount in Company currency in this case will always match with the amount shown in the Journal entry as the exchange rate used will not consider the Dates (Posting date/Invoice date).
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To