You face an error related to the info record (PIR) in purchase orders (PO).
Possible symptoms include:
- wrong data taken over from info record (vendor material number, vendor subrange etc)
- info record not found, no info record number displayed in PO item or wrong PIR found
- in case you have a Retail system and use variant/generic articles in the PO, the system might read the wrong info record, no info record or not fetch certain data incorrectly
- A PO item will be created e.g. using transaction ME21N, for a material without PIR. After adding a PIR number which is linked to a different material, the system won´t remove the PIR number and will take PIR data, e.g. the planned delivery time from this record for delivery date creation. The same issue can be observed also for text items, when the PIR number will be added manually. PIR data should NOT be considered at all in this case.
Other problems not listed here and related to reading data from the PIR, determination or update of the correct PIR number might also occur.
The problems can happen in various transactions like WF10, ME21N/ME22N, ME59N and in BAPI_PO_CREATE1 / BAPI_PO_CHANGE
- Materials Management (MM)
- Industry Solution Retail (IS-R)
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP
- SAP enhancement package for SAP ERP, version for SAP HANA
- SAP S/4HANA
Purchasing Info record, Infosatz , LTSNR , IDNLF , EINE , EINA , WF10 , ME21N ME22N, ME59N BAPI_PO_CREATE1 BAPI_PO_CHANGE fetch MEPO_ITEM_FILL_READ_INFNR LMEPOF6N , MPN , KBA , MM-PUR-PO , Purchase Orders , MM-PUR-PO-GUI , Userinterface - Purchase Orders , MM-PUR-PO-BAPI , BAPIs - Purchase order , MM-PUR-VM-REC , Info Record , IS-R-PUR-PO , Purchase Order , LO-MDS-CPO , Collective Purchase Order , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.