Language changes for users in BizX are not affecting LMS automatically
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite (Platform BizX)
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- User changes their locale in Bizx (Options > Change language).
- User navigates to Learning.
- Locale in LMS (Learning) is not updated automatically.
- Bizx Configuration:
The Integration between LMS and Bizx uses an Application Interface to communicate. When the user language is changed, LMS triggers a call to this interface to ask Bizx what the language should be for the affected user.
The call itself is performed on behalf of the affected user so Bizx will return only the information that the user is allowed to see in Bizx. If the answer from Bizx doesn't contain the required information (due to a lack of permissions for the affected user) then LMS will not be able to update the language.
- LMS Configuration
- Miscommunication between servers at the datacenter level
- There are two ways to ensure the integration can retrieve the locale information via RBP: It can be done by granting permissions for users to view specific values in their own data, or if you wish it can be done by granting employee export permission
- To grant permissions for the user to see their own data:
Admin center > Manage permission roles > Edit permission role > Employee Data
- View Default locale
- View UserID
- View Username
- View First Name
- View Last Name
Example for default locale:
- To grant permissions to perform Employee Export:
Admin center > Manage permission roles > Edit permission role > Manage User
- Employee Export
Provisioning: (Accessed only by your partner, CSM or submit support case to LOD-SF-LMS or LOD-SF-PLT-PROV to check):
- Company settings > search for "learning integration" and make sure the API URI is populated
- Company settings > search for OData API and check both SFAPI and OData API are checked
NOTE: Once Odata API is checked you see this instead
- Make sure the baseURL in LMS (system admin > configuration > system configuration > Bizx) is correct
- Make sure the Bizx user ID matches the LMS user ID (note: Bizx user ID can be seen by performing an Employee Export)
- Ensure Access User Settings workflow is granted to user:
- Note the user's LMS role
- Go to System Admin > Security > Roles
- Search for the role that you noted for the user
- Click the workflows tab > Click "Add one or more workflows"
- Search for the workflow "Access User Settings" and add it.
- If the above has been checked and the locale is still not syncing:
Please open a support incident referencing this KBA as well as internal KBA 2156903 - LMS - How to verify the SEB (Service Event Bus).
This is an internal KBA that will help the support processor validate whether the server communication is happening correctly or not.
2459580 - How BizX SEB & ODATA Web Service syncs user data to SF LMS
SAP SF success factors LMS learning locale language translate pack switching change preference Event Bus Synchronization synchronize , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-LAN , Translations & Text Replacements , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , Integrations with BizX , LOD-SF-LMS-LAN , Language Packs & Translation , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem