- Customer attempts "alter database...log off"
- Customer dumps database instead of retrying the alter database
- A disk piece is left that marks "read-only log" with segmap zero
- A subsequent load database finds 'read-only log' disk space which preserves zero segmap
- Msg 5053, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'ASE', Line 1:
You cannot shrink the log in database 'test' because there is at least one page to be removed
(10249) that is part of the log. Dump the transaction log and retry the ALTER DATABASE command.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
alter database, log off, red-only log, segmap zero, Msg 5053, Level 16, State 1, disk map, database, dump, load, CR749927, CR#749927, 749927 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.