When the theme colors are chosen in BizX theme manager, the color mapping to LMS is not logical and causes problems with light font colors on a light background or dark font colors on a light background.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
Different combinations will cause different color match problems. See the settings below.
- Set the menu -> text color to #1E1E1E
- Set the menu -> text color ->Hover to #FFFFFF
- Set the menu -> menu item background color to #C60018
The problem is that the course name and description (in gray above) are considered to be body text rather than menu text. The color (gray) is therefore dictated by the Portlets -> Body text Color (see below) and the accent colors chosen.
Choosing Portlets -> Body text Color will set the color of text (and some container colors) in LMS. Unfortunately the Portlets Body text does not have a ‘hover’ (mouse over) property defined.
This means that the background color will change on hover, but the course name and details will remain the same (gray).
Below is guidance on settings to be able to update Theme Manager. It is best practice to follow the User Assistance Documentation (login might be required). The Guide will provide a theme which will assist in troubleshooting and identifying which values are tied to which sections in Theme Manager.
- The text color for the course displayed could be changed (Portlets->Body text) to fit better with the white to red background color change.
- Once the Portlet-Body Text color is chosen, the ‘Accent Color’ scheme will dictate the additional colors automatically created by the Theme Generator, for sub text headings etc. choosing a different accent color scheme may also help.
Additional mappings below
Bizx themes; colours; font; theme; theme problems; theme manager; new admin ui, user interface, update, change, colors, not visible , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-PLT-THM , Theme Manager Issues , LOD-SF-LMS-THM , Theme Related Issues , How To