- The first execution of xp_cmdshell raises errors 7718 and 2946 if executed from within a transaction.
- The procedure will abort and not return results
- Subsequent executions of the procedure will work normally
- The command returns these messages to the command window:
Msg 7718, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'ASE', Line 1:
The 'CREATE ENCRYPTION KEY' command is not allowed within a multi-statement transaction in the 'master' database.
Msg 2946, Level 16, State 15:
Server 'ASE', Procedure 'xp_cmdshell', Line 8:
Failed to create service key syb_xpskey.
Msg 11018, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'BO_ASE', Procedure 'xp_cmdshell', Line 8:
XP Server must be up for ESP to execute.
(return status = -6)
- The ASE log prints these messages:
failed to generate secret key for xpserver startup
could not generate confidence key for xpserver. Xpserver startup failed
failed to start. Try bringing up XP Server manually. Check ASE documentation for more information on how to bring XP Server up.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
xp_cmdshell, chained, multi-statement, 7718, 2946 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.