- On a table with allpages (APL) lock scheme
- And using compression
- A hash union scan during an update returns error 511
- Values reported are dependent on table definition :
Msg 511, Level 16, State 1:
Attempt to update or insert row failed because resultant row of size 232 bytes is larger than the maximum size (43 bytes) allowed for this table.
Command has been aborted.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
"msg 511" , "msg. 511" , "error 511" , 511 , "Attempt to update or insert row failed" , "Attempt to update or insert row failed because resultant row of size" , "is larger than maximum allowed" , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.