Explain the different adminstrator types in SAP Jam
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
SAP Jam Collaboration administration is performed in the Admin console by three types of administrators:
- Support administrators
- Area administrators
- Company administrators.
To access the admin console -
- As an SAP Jam company administrator, area administrator, or support administrator click the Cog icon at the top of any SAP Jam page.
Following context menu is displayed:
2. Select Admin from the context menu.
Brief summary of the different admin types in Jam:
- Group administrators are regular users that have created a group or who have been invited to be a group administrator. Group administrators have special privileges within the groups that they administer, but those privileges do not extend beyond those groups, so they are not relevant to the subjects discussed in this guide and their privileges do not include those shown in the following table. The capabilities of group administrators are fully documented in the SAP Jam Collaboration Group Administration Guide.
Note: Group admin access does not extend beyond the context of the groups.
- Support administrators have access to a subset of the functionality available to a Company Administrator. The role was established to provide Company Administrators with relief of their workload by giving Support Administrators access to many of the day-to-day duties of SAP Jam administration. This also protects the stability of the SAP Jam service by limiting access to features that can have great impact on the functionality of the SAP Jam service to a smaller group of people who, though their focus on SAP Jam, become more knowledgeable about the effect of configuration changes.
- Area administrators have access to a specific group that sets an area of their control, and all of the groups that are subsequently created in that area. As with support administrators, delegated administrators have access to a subset of the functionality available to a company administrator.
- Company administrators have access to the full range of capabilities within the Admin console. This gives them the greatest power to change the look, feel, and functions of the SAP Jam service, but it also requires greater knowledge of the SAP Jam service, a greater responsibility, and therefore typically a greater focus of their job duties on configuring and maintaining the SAP Jam service in a manner that suits the needs of your organization.
For more granular differentiation of access between the admin types, please refer to this page of our admin guide-> Adminstrator types access
SAP Jam Administrator Types Access, admin types, admins , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-ADM , Administrator Access Request , How To