This article explains how the Person Context feature in Advanced Reporting works
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Advanced Reporting
- Edit the Advanced Reporting query / report under concern
- Click the Person Context Icon
- Select Person Column: Choose which User Id in the query the person filter is to be applied to. We usually select "User Sys Id - Global Job Information (1)"
-Selected element only: Report will filter on just the selected user.
-Selected element and all descendants to distance: Report will filter on the selected person and all their direct and indirect reports down to the level specified by Distance.
-All descendants to distance: Report will filter on only the selected persons direct and indirect reports down to the level specified by Distance(note this option does not include the selected user itself).
-All descendants at distance only: Report will filter on only the selected users reports at the level specified by Distance.
-Selected element and all descendants: Report will filter on the selected person and all their direct and indirect reports.
-All descendants: Report will filter on all the selected person’s direct and indirect reports.
- Distance: How “far” down the people structure to retrieve results. Eg: a setting of 1 will retrieve just direct reports.
- Person: "Logged In User" will default the report to the reports of the user who is viewing the report –otherwise click this option to manually set a particular user.
To work with Person Context feature in Advance Reporting, below are the pre-requisites:
- Standard Element - "Status" field must be configured in Succession Data Model
- You have to grant RBP permission on the following fields:
- User ID
- The user running the report must have the Target Population of the fields above set, to include all the people who he should be able to see, as well as the user's self data.
How to grant permission on these fields in RBP Role:
- Go to Admin Center > Set User Permission > Manage Permission Role > Open the RBP role assigned to you > click Permission
- Search for the Employee Data section (Under User Permission)
- Select the fields Status, User ID and Manager (Under Employee Profile)
- Grant permission to the user running the report
- Set the target population for his team and for himself > Finished > Save Changes
- Ensure to Set the Target Population correctly for this field and include access to view Self Data
- It takes few hours to refresh RBP (Approx 12 Hours)
Person, Context, Direct, Reports, Team, View, advanced, reporting, report, center, canvas, ORD, Online, Designer, People, Filtering, Manager , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To