- How to create new Alias Account in SAP Jam;
- How to use Alias Account in SAP Jam;
- What is Alias Account in SAP Jam?
** Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental **
SAP Jam Collaboration
You have to be a Company Admin to have this privilege.
Required Jam Editions: Advanced Plus or Enterprise.
This feature enables employees to easily identify a point of contact for specific interaction.
- Go to Admin console > Users section > Alias Accounts:
- To create a new Alias Account click the New Alias Account button.
You will get a screen with an auto generated Alias user ID and the same page where you can make your own alias account name and map specific users you would like to have access to that alias. On the same page you can also set up email settings and contact information for the Alias Account.
- To use the Alias Account, click the settings/cog icon or the dropdown beside your name and click the Alias Account Name. It will then switch to the Alias Account you’ve chosen and from there you can access the Alias profile.
It will work as if you are logged in to that particular account. From there you can access the Groups, view/action notification, etc. that the Alias Account is part of.
- Alias users are treated as normal users in SAP Jam, so they would still be required to be invited to specific groups/areas as per the purpose of the Alias Account created.
The alias user is a Jam internal user, which has no corresponding account in SF. The user will not be able to view the content of SF Learning by this alias user for example (possible error : No items found / Error:403 / failed to fetch oauth token from gateway )
- Please note that there is an alias account number limitation which will block customers to create a new alias account. For one company, they can only create 100 alias accounts at maximum.
Jam Alias Account, SAP Jam alias users, how to switch to alias account, anonymous account, failed to fetch oauth token from gateway, error: 403, no items found , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-PRF , User Profile , How To