You have created a joined data source consisting of 3 or more data sources. You are sure that the join conditions are correct, however the Check of the data source returns the following error messages:
- Join member pair on right side not supported
- Join Pair JOIN_PAIR_01 is not used
- Join Pair JOIN_PAIR_02 is not used
- Operands of join condition JOIN_CONDITION_01 need to be part of join pair JOIN_PAIR_01
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Business Analytics and the view Design Data Sources.
- Click on New > Joined Data Source.
- Add some data sources. For this example, let us assume you want to join Account Master Data, Territory Team, Account Contact Data and Territory Account Mapping. Add these data sources in this order.
- Set the join conditions on the account and territory fields.
- Click on Check.
You will get the errors mentioned above.
The first 2 data sources you added were Account Master Data and Territory Team. They have no join conditions between them, i.e. Territory Team is only linked to Territory Account Mapping. It is important to add the data sources in the sequence in which there is some join to the previously added data source. Otherwise, while building the join conditions in the backend, some join pairs may go wrong and the error message will be raised.
You can use the same data sources and join conditions for your data source, however please add the data source in a different order: Choose a sequence in which there is some join to the previously added data source. In case of an inner join this will not make a difference to the displayed content, but it will make sure all joins can be built correctly. In case of a left outer join, you can leave the anchor data source as it is, and arrange the sequence accordingly. For screenshots to illustrate this, please check the attachment of this document.
A different scenario would be that you receive the error messages 'Invalid source of field' and 'Save failed' when creating new joined data sources with more than two data sources. In this case please add the first two data sources, set up the join condition and save. Afterwards please add the third data source and maintain the other joined conditions. Then save the data source again.
Operands of join condition JOIN_CONDITION need to be part of join pair JOIN_PAIR, Join member pair on right side not supported, left outer join, inner join, data source, analytics, reporting, error message, save failed, invalid source of field , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To