- Inconsistent behavior of guidelines when enter rating in compensation worksheet when compared to compensation profile.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Bizx Compensation
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the worksheet and choose an Outstanding or Excellent rating for an employee from the worksheet view. Note that guidelines populate when rating is present, and merit entry fields turn blue with red outline and red amount of 0 is the default. No pop-up warning appears. This is the desired behavior.
2. Guideline warning message does appear when you add merit increase
3. Navigate to the Comp profile for another employee who is still unrated. Select an Oustanding rating for this employee. Pop up warning messages appear. This is not desired behavior because the warnings have to be dismissed before amounts can be entered. The profile behavior should be the same as the worksheet.
- Confirmed to be a known inconsistent behavior between compensation worksheet and profile.
- On Worksheet (both old and new), guideline validation will be bypass on comp rating change and triggered on manual input.
- However when Compensation Profile was implemented, we enhanced the logic to make comp rating change directly trigger the rule validation.
- This is expected behavior and you may submit this as an enhancement to our product management by following the steps in this article.
Customer Support Engineers can check internal note for reference Jira request.
compensation worksheet, profile, comp rating, guidelines , KBA , LOD-SF-CMP-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , Product Enhancement