When you execute the Credit Limit Check in a sales order the information message displays a different amount than expected
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center
- Select New Sales Order from the Common Tasks
- Enter Account ABC (ABC represents the account ID)
- Click on the Check Credit Limit button
- The following information message appears: Credit Limit Not Exceeded; XXX is left (Here XXX is Available Credit Limit Amount for the Account ABC)
Let's take an example as XXX is 3000 VND, we can also check the Credit limit amount left as follows:
- Go To Receivables Work Center
- Go to Customer Accounts view
- Find the Account ABC
- Select the Account ABC and you can find the Customer Balances in General Tab is 8,000 VND
- The Credit Limit in Financial Data of Account ABC in Account Master Data is 10,000 VND
The Available Credit Limit is calculated as Credit Limit-Customer Balance. The Available Credit Limit displayed in the Sales Order is not the expected amount. The expected amount is 2,000 VND in the example Sales Order but the system shows it as 3,000 VND.
Since the Account ABCis both Customer Account and Supplier Account, when calculating the Available Credit Limit the system considers both Customer Balances and Supplier Balances. Let's consider Credit Limit Amount assigned to Account ABC is 10,000 VND, the Customer Balances is 8000 VND and the Supplier Balances is 1,000 VND. The Available Credit Limit will be 10,000 VND - 8,000 VND + 1,000 VND = 3,000 VND which is the actual Available Credit Limit.
Please note: that the Invoiced Open Amount is determined from the receivables of the account and only the Posted Items are taken into consideration. The Statistical Items are not taken into consideration for the Invoiced Open Amount.
This is the standard system behavior.
KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To