This KBA will explain what are the different target scope options, in the filter panel of Dashboard or the People scope selection for Report Table and Detailed Reporting Live Data. Please be aware that the labels you will see in this example are standard labels. They can be different depending on the configuration.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Report Table
- Report Canvas on Detailed Reporting query
The filter panel and people scope provides different filter options which will determine the results you can see in the graphs and the drilldown of tiles, dashboards and reports.
The People Scope options will vary depending on the module (as different modules have different people relationships) but the common concept is “Team View” which uses the manager relationship.
- Team View = only show employees who are direct reports of the viewer. (You can choose how many levels of reports you want to report on).
A Team View is based on user’s management hierarchy. It will allow report creator to view the data for users within the selected Team Manager’s hierarchy.
This hierarchy is determined by the Successfactors based on data contained in the MANAGER column in UDF. If a user’s ID is listed in the MANAGER column of the UDF at least once, that user is considered a manager. That Manager’s team view would include any user to which that Manager is assigned in the UDF and ALL LEVELS down the hierarchy.
- Matrix Reports = only show employees who are matrix reports of the viewer.
The User data file(UDF) plays an important role in determining a user’s available line of Sight. If your UDF uses addition manager fields like Custom Manager, Matrix Manager or Second Manager, the same rule would apply. Therefore it is important that you are familiar with the data in your import file.
- Custom Reports = only show employees who are custom manager reports of the viewer. Further explanation
- HR Reports = Only show employees who are in the HR client group of the viewer.
A Team View is based on user’s HR relationship. It will allow report creator to view the data for users who have been assigned to the selected Team Manager as HR Reports.
This relationship is determined by the Successfactors based on data contained in the HR column in UDF. If a user’s ID is listed in the HR column of the UDF at least once, that user is considered to have HR Reports. That HR Business partners line of sight (HR Reports) would be any user to which that HR is assigned.
- Other Filters = configurable per client, where people scope can be built on Dept/Div/Location + custom fields.
For some users, there may be a need to have access outside of their current line of sight as determined by UDF. These users may be administrators or analysts (or any user who require these permissions). In order to allow them to see information outside of their current line of sight , you must permit them to do so.
- Example: User is a Manager of 5 people in her team, but should also be able to see data for Department = Engineering.
This additional target population can be configured in the people scope of a role.
- Click Add to add a new target population
- Select who should get the permission - it could be assigned to a group you created or the predefined groups like managers or all employees.
- In case you selected a group you have to determine the group here
- Select the target group that should be added in the results
- Click done to close this screen
- Click save to ensure your changes will take effect
If the above options have a “level” concept, then you will see a drop down menu that allows you to define how many levels down the data should go, eg. Direct Reports, level 2 (Direct Reports + their Direct Reports), etc.
Please check the main Dashboard KBA for further guides and references:
People Scope, Dashboard 2.0, Filter Panel, Live data, Detailed reporting, Ad Hoc, Ad-hoc, adhoc , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , LOD-SF-ANA-DSH , YouCalc Dashboards and Tiles (Dashboards 2.0) , How To