OCN courses are imported in a specific locale; what actions can be taken so that they get imported in some other locale or two locales?
e.g. the system default language is English but the content from a specific OCN provider is imported in Dutch.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- LMS does not control in which languages the courses are imported, content language is specified by the content provider.
- If the OCN Provider doesn't specify a locale then items will be imported in the LMS default locale.
- The locale must exist in LMS and the content provider must use the appropriate code, please see Locale Codes for SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- If you do not import all the available languages at the same time, ensure the Open Content Network Content Synchronization Automatic Process job is enabled and running (Under System Admin->Automatic Processes). This will synchronize any changes pushed by your provider to your LMS application.
- Titles would only display for admins and users in the LMS interface provided they exist in the user or admin preferred locale.
Please be aware that you must be cautious updating OCN items through connectors. Please see 2473708 - Item Connector Support & Tips - LMS (Updating OCN items):
- we cannot update title, description, length or add a content object or the item will be out of sync with OCN providers
- make sure you are using the exact item key (item type + itemID + revision date/time = item Key) in the connector file. You can retrieve it from the Open Content Network item report.
- we can update the items through connectors for credit/contact/CPE hrs, catalogs, subject areas
- You should never revise a OCN Item
Localization, item title, OCN, system default locale, import, open content network, language, linkedin, edx, skillsoft, change, edit, update , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-OCN , Open Content Network , How To