Encountered an error: Rule is Required!, when adding and saving a new field in Manage Business Configuration
Success Factors Employee Central - Manage Business Configuration
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Admin Center
2. In the tools search, type Manage Business Configuration
3. Go to any HRIS element, example: jobInfo
4. Create a new field, example: standard field - "contract-end-date" and add a label example: "Seasonal Contract End Date"
5. Enabled the field by setting Enabled to "Yes" and click Save
6. An error appeared "Rule is Required!"
There is configuration setup for a particular field/fields Event Type: onChange inside the field details but there is no rule associated to it.
To resolve the issue, you need to:
1. Validate all fields by clicking on "Details"
2. Look for "Trigger Rules"
3. If there are there is an Event Type: onChange with Base Objectbut there is no rule associated to it delete it or look for the rule that would meet your requirement.
Note: Aside from onChange rule or field level rule, it can also be, onInit, onView, onSave, postSave rule or element level rule.
Manage Business Configuration
Manage Business Configuration Issue
Rule is Required
Succession Data Model
Succession Data Model Issue , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , Problem