Usage Of Overdelivery Checkbox in Project Plan workpackages.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Project Management work center.
- Choose Projects view.
- Show All Projects and Find Project XYZ .
- Click Edit and Project Plan.
- Highlight project task XYZ-1.
- Go to Work tab.
- The employee ABC has Planned Work next to that you can see the Overdelivery checkbox.
In case you expect that the quantity of service will be more than the quantity requested in the purchase request you can select the Over-Delivery Allowed checkbox in the project plan work package. This will allow the service agent to record time against requested service , even if it is more than the quantity entered on the project purchase request.
If you select Overdelivery checkbox for a work package, when the purchase request is created, the Over- Delivery Allowed checkbox will be selected by default for that purchase request item. You can also choose to edit this feature for each purchase request item if needed even though the Overdelivery checkbox is not selected for a work package.
System works as designed.
KBA , SRD-PRO-PMN , Project Management , How To