- What is the maximum number of top level custom MDF objects that can be created?
- Is the limit somehow related to the license of HCP purchased?
- What to do if in my instance we have exhausted the default custom MDF object limit?
- Sorry, you cannot create any more top-level custom MDF objects as you have exceeded the maximum limit.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata frameowrk (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
The number of top level custom MDF objects in your instance has exceeded the default limit. Now the following error message is displayed - " Sorry, you cannot create any more top-level custom MDF objects as you have exceeded the maximum limit."
Previously, users could only create up to 25 MDF custom objects and customers were informed that the limit was based on their license and they could increase their limit by purchasing the HANA Cloud Platform edition.
Starting from 1911 release (Q4 -2019) ==> Every customer, irrespective of HCP edition, now can create up to 250 MDF custom objects by default and a maximum of 400 custom objects on request.
If you want to create more than 250 custom MDF objects on your instance, you must raise a request with SAP customer support and provide a business reason specifying why you need a higher limit.
You are requested to share the details on the business justification of MDF usage. There is an excel file in this KBA below with the name "MDF Custom Object usage business justification templates.xlsx" which you are requested to fill and provide back to us.
---Make sure you fill the purpose in detail (one liner) against each of your custom object in the third column of the file.
---Mention the company Id and Data Center information clearly in the top rows of the file.
Once the business justification on the MDF usage has been validated, Cloud Product Support team will assist further in increasing the limit.
1) The default limit of objects is only on the top level custom MDF object, which means only the parent MDF object is counted against the limit consumption. There is no limit on the associated child object.
2) Kindly note that the tight coupling between SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central and MDF has been removed from commercials perspective. Also usage of MDF or number of top level custom MDF objects is not related to HCP SFSF Extension Package (standard/enterprise) etc.
mdf, Increase number MDF objects, limit, custom MDF objects, 250, MDF-30320, parent child, association, top level,
|MDF Custom Object usage business justification templates.xlsx|