How could we setup an approval process that send to alternative supervisor when user doesn’t have 1 Supervisor?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- User requests for approval of a couse.
- Supervisor 1 is not available and we want the alternative supervisor to take over the approval.
There are two types of approvals, the default approval roles and the Custom Approval Roles described bellow, the only option it is for your case using the Custom Approval Role.
Default Approval Roles when possible to simplify your configuration. When you include one of these roles in your approval process, you do not need additional configuration.
- Employee. The employee himself or herself. So they can acknowledge enrollment requests before forwarded to supervisors.
- Supervisor Level 1: The person in the role is always the employee's immediate supervisor.
- Supervisor Level 2: The person in this role is the second level supervisor (The employee' supervisors' supervisor)
- Instructor: This is for the E-sig Process only. We do not expect that the approval will be sent to the instructor upon registration.
Custom approval roles require additional configuration so that the system knows where to route the approval Users inhabit custom approval roles at run time under the following conditions.
- A user make a request and the request it is associated with an approval process. For example, a user request to enroll into a learning item, and that learning item has an enrollment approval process.
- The approval process has an approval role that the user belongs to. For example, a learner request to enroll into an IT Training Course, and the approval process for that learning item includes an approval role called "IT Training Approvers". If a user is in that IT Training Approvers role he or she can be approver.
- The Learner seeking approval is a member of the domain or organization that the user in the approval role controls. For example, two users can both be in the IT Approvers role, but controlling two different organizations, like SALES and FINANCE. Learners from the sales organizations who request approval are routed to the person who controls SALES approvals and learners from the finance organization who request approval are routed to the person who controls FINANCE approvals.
- Approval Roles
- Default Approval Roles
- Custom Approval Roles
SAP SuccessFactors Learning 1608