You want to change the Associated Site of an Organizational Unit, but it is not possible to edit this.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational (Org) Management.
- Select Org Structures.
- Select the Org Unit and press Edit.
- Navigate to the Definitions sub-tab.
- Here, under Business Residence, you see the Associated Site field where the Org Unit's own ID and name are displayed.
The organizational unit is a Business Residence.
When an Org Unit is activated as Business Residence it will also appear as its own Associated Site. The setting cannot be changed.
Only if an Org Unit is not flagged as Business Residence it is possible to change the connection of the Org Unit to another Business Residence:
- In the Definitions tab of the Org Unit ensure that the Business Residence attribute is not selected.
- Underneath you will find the Currently Belongs To field.
- Here, the next available Business Residence appears.
- The field is, however, editable; It is possible to select a different Business Residence of the Org Structure here.
KBA , SRD-HR-RPM , Resource Pool Management , How To