Learning items that are configured with underscores in the ID or description do not return results when user searches catalog for a word which is in the ID.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - all supported versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a learning item with an underscore (e.g. Test_Item)
- Add the item to a catalog
- Access Learning User interface, click browse catalog
- Search _Test or Test Item - no results are returned
Catalog search engine is not configured to search for items in this format.
Change the catalogSearchEngine property from DEFAULT to OCCURRENCE_RELEVANCE or PROGRESSIVE_RELEVANCE
- Access LMS Admin > Admin > System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration
- Click to edit the CATALOG configuration properties
- Using (Ctrl+F), search for the term catalogSearchEngine
- Set it to catalogSearchEngine=OCCURRENCE_RELEVANCE or catalogSearchEngine=PROGRESSIVE_RELEVANCE
- Apply changes
browse, not found, _, quotes, quotations, punctuation, "", wildcard, **, lms, learning management, user search, catalogsearchengine, search engine, kal, kac , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CAT , Catalog , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , Problem