A rule to assign all Lead transactions to a custom party role does not work.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Administrator Work Center.
- Select the Sales and Campaigns view.
- Click on Defined Rules for Lead Assignment.
- Add a rule to assign all Lead transactions to one user ABC (ABC represents the user's name).
- Go to the Sales Work Center.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Create a new Lead by clicking the new button on the right.
- Select an Account for which ABC is not the owner.
- In the new Lead the owner of the Lead is the owner of the Account.
The Owner in a Lead cannot be mapped to a custom role. This is always linked to the Employee Responsible role in the Lead Party Fine Tuning (Business Configuration > Fine Tuning Activity -> Lead -> Maintain Invoved Parties).
This is the system standard behavior.
KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To