Customer has a requirement to align events trigggered from the Event Center with appropriate actions in the LMS.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning b1605 and higher
As of release b1605, SAP SuccessFactors Learning subscribes to intelligent services posted by other SAP SuccessFactors modules.
- Intelligent services are events that SuccessFactors posts to Event Center. Applications can subscribe to the events and trigger an action. For example, in LMS you can respond to a new hire event by assigning courses to the new hire.
- Event rules define the actions that are triggered when SAP SuccessFactors Learning receives an event from Event Center.
Learning Event Rules require that SuccessFactors Employee Central module is enabled.
To create/manage event rules:
- Access Users > Event Rules.
- Click Add New.
- In Event Type, select the event that the rule should listen for and complete the other fields in the form.
- Click Add.
- In Actions, define what should take place when SAP SuccessFactors Learning receives the event.
- Many actions use effective dates. Effective date is the date the change takes place, NOT the date the event was received.
- Click Save.
In the initial feature roll out of Intelligent Services, Event Rules (in LMS) were implemented to introduce and demo some of the capabilities which would be later available with Intelligent Services. As the Event Rules feature was mainly implemented to familiarize Learning customers with the capabilities of Intelligent Services, it is HIGHLY SUGGESTED that Learning customers do not invest in creating Event Rules, as they will be deprecated and replaced with a centralized framework.
SAP SuccessFactors will not provide a migration path for Learning Event Rules framework to the centralized framework.
(see Intelligent Services documentation attached for further information)
intelligence services, intelligent service, event center, event raised, learning management, how-to, how to, add-in, add in, admin add in, q2 2016, q3 2016, b1605, b1608 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem