You notice that the Employee Responsible is shown as Unassigned (#) in the data source Account Contact Data. However when you check the contact, you find that an employee responsible is entered.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open any report based on the data source Account Contact Data.
- Add the fields Account, Contact and Employee Responsible.
- For the contact ABC, no Employee Responsible is shown (#).
- Open the contact ABC from the work center Account Management,
- In the tab Relationships, subtab Responsibilities, you will see the respective Employee Responsible.
You expect the same employee to be reflected in the report.
The scoping for responsibilities for contacts is switched off in your system. In this case, the direct responsibilities are automatically pulled from the assigned account of this contact. The data source Account Contact Data however will only show those employees that were manually maintained for the contact when the scoping is switched on.
To enable the manual assignment of employees to contacts, please proceed as follows:
- Go to the work center Business Configuration, view Implementation Projects.
- Click on Edit Project Scope.
- Go to step 4 (Questions).
- Drill down as follows: General Business Data > Business Partners > Handling of Business Partners.
- Search for the question Do you want to maintain direct responsibilities for contacts? and mark it as In Scope. Save this change.
All employees that you assign after making this change will be reflected in the data source Account Contact Data.
If you would like to see the responsible employee from the Account, rather than the Contact, please see the knowledge base article 2244747 - Report Account Contact Data Does Not Show Employee Responsible .
KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , How To