This KBA covers troubleshooting the following video playback issues for Learning Items:
- Videos inside an online item cannot be played/run under Microsoft Edge (Invalid Source)
- IE is played on Windows Media Player while in Firefox and Chrome they are able to play inside the browser
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System - LMS
Issues are related to the Browser not related to LMS application
Important Note: Since the below steps involve browser configuration, please be sure to consult with your IT Department to ensure all Security & IT Policies are followed prior to making changes
Consult Microsoft Help: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/kb/2532294
Work with your IT Department to go through the issue and Microsoft notes in order to resolve the problem:
When you experience problems playing videos in Internet Explorer, these problems may be caused by a number of different issues. Most video playback uses Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, or Java, and these platforms require Internet Explorer add-ons in order to play. By making sure that you have the latest updates installed for Windows, Internet Explorer, and any Internet Explorer add-ons, you can resolve most video playback problems.
To troubleshoot video playback problems in Internet Explorer, follow these steps. Test the playback behavior after each step until the issue is resolved.
- Update Internet Explorer: Use the latest version of Internet Explorer for your operating system, and then apply any applicable updates that are offered by Windows Update.
- Test the video in Compatibility View: Some websites may have been designed for earlier versions of Internet Explorer. Switch to Compatibility View, and then see whether the video plays.
- Make sure that add-ons are installed and enabled: Make sure that the necessary add-ons are enabled in Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options.
- Click the Programs tab, and then click Manage add-ons.
- In the Currently loaded add-ons list, click Run without Permissions.
- Look for the following add-ons in the list that's displayed. If any of these add-ons are listed, make sure the Status for each is listed as Enabled. •Shockwave Active X Control
- Shockwave Flash Object
- Java Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
- QuickTime Plug-in (may be multiple add-ons)
- Windows Media Player
SF Learning play playback Videos in MS Edge IE don't work , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , Problem