In "My Classes" not able to send email when there are more no of users.
Learning Management System
Reproducing the Issue
1. Login as a user into Learning.
2. Navigate to "My Classes".
3. Under Scheduled Classes, you can see the scheduled offerings as below.
4. From here, you could send e-mails as bulk to all the users who are registered to that scheduled offering.
5. Click on the Scheduled Offering and navigate to "USERS" tab where you could individually select users or choose all users to "Send Email".
6. Usually after selecting the users to whom you want to send mail, when clicked on the "Send Email" it opens up the outlook where all the selected users emailID would be populated in usual outlook email as below.
7. Now this email functionality doesn't work sometimes.
The reason for this inconsistency is not due to LMS, but due to limitation on browsers.
For the mails that are being sent using the functionality “mailto”, browsers have a limitation on the URL length that .
Hence if the number of characters for the email list increases by 2,083 chars then the "mailto" functionality won’t work.
It is not a defect or an issue from the LMS end, however a limitation on the browser.
Break down the list while choosing the no of users, while trying to send the email from "My Classes".
Send Email option from My Classes , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem