- Dump database fails and Backup Server returns following error:
dd_read: read <device_file_name>: Invalid argument.
Backup Server: 22.214.171.124:  The 'read' call failed for database/archive device while working on stripe device '<device_file_name>' with error number 22 (Invalid argument). Refer to your operating system documentation for further details.
Msg 8009, Level 16, State 1:
Server '<SID>', Line 1:
Error encountered by Backup Server. Please refer to Backup Server messages for details.
- Disk sector size is 4KB
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
CR802601, CR#802601, 802601, 8009, dd_read , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.