You are using the standard report Sales Order Volume or have created your own report on the data source Sales Order Item. The key figure Net Value shows the wrong value and currency.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the respective report from the assigned work center.
- Add the key figure Net Value and the characteristic Sales Order to the view.
- For a specific sales order, check the displayed Net Value - let us assume it shows a value in EUR although you expect it to show GBP.
There are 2 points to note:
- Your sales order was at first created with the transactional value EUR. However after releasing the sales order and after its fulfillment has begun, you have changed the currency to GBP. Once the sales order was released and fulfilled, the report cannot reflect changes anymore. The values are locked to ensure consistency with follow-up documents.
- If your company currency is a different one to the transactional currency at the time of saving the sales order, the system will convert the transactional currency to the company currency (according to the conversion rate that is maintained at this time). These values will then be used to calculate further results if necessary. If the currency is subsequently changed in sales orders and further conversions become necessary, different conversion rates may apply and the result value may be different from what is maintained in the sales order.
Reporting reflects the sales order data at the point of document release since it is uncommon that values are changed after that. A change on the sales order after it has been released could potentially cause inconsistencies in the follow-up documents and should be avoided.
business analytics, sales order, wrong value, net value, wrong currency, conversion, transactional, company currency, reporting, CRMSLOIB , KBA , sales order volume report , crmsloib_q0001 , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To