- The following errors suddenly showed up in the backup server error log:
Backup Server: 184.108.40.206:  The 'execve' call failed for database/archive device while working on stripe device '/XXXX/Filename.dmp' with error number 47 (Operation canceled). Refer to your operating system documentation for further details.
Backup Server: 220.127.116.11: Couldn't create multibuffering subprocess.
- The user cannot back up any databases or transaction log.
- The issue happens whether you dump manually or via a script, to a local or remote disk system.
- The command used to dump a database:
dump database <db_name> to <filename001>.dmp
stripe on <filename002>.dmp
stripe on <filename003>.dmp
stripe on <filename004>.dmp
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP ASE Backup Server 15.7
- SunOS release 5.10
HBSS/HIPS, HBSS, HIPS, execve, ECANCELED, 47, Host Based Security Intrusion Prevention , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.