- User Information (CSV) Report times out when returning subordinates
- Increasing the timeouts in the REPORT_SYSTEM configuration does not resolve the issue
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login as a User with subordinates that have sub-subordinates (such as a supervisor with direct reports, indirect reports, alternate subordinates, etc.)
- In the "Links" tile, click on "Reports"
- Expand "User Information" and click "User Information (CSV)"
- At the top, click the radio button for "All Subordinates" or "All"
- Click "Run Report" button
- A separate browser window or tab opens and report status is shown
- Report status seems to freeze on "Generating" or "Generating - Initializing" status
- Eventually a timeout is reached and an error is displayed:
- The report does not progress for 600 seconds and timed out.
- The report took longer than 300 seconds to generate and timed out.*
* The 300 seconds is the default timeout set for the onlineTimeoutPeriod in the REPORT_SYSTEM configuration settings.
- The supervisor has several levels of subordinates creating a complex SQL query to retrieve the data
- User reports are run on demand and not via background schedule, so have a much shorter timeout in order to avoid resource contention issues
It is recommended to Reduce the amount of data to be returned using the filter options
- Ex: Run the report to return Direct Reports only
- Use another report to retrieve the needed data
- Ex: the Account Data report which returns data by User
- Create a custom report to retrieve the needed data
- Have an Reporting Admin schedule a report for the Supervisor/Manager so that it can run as a background job
LRN-14863 SF SuccessFactors LMS Learning Management System report user information CSV time timed timing out timeout generate generating initializing stuck freeze run report all subordinate alternative supervisor direct indirect , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem