This KBA covers how to use the Indirect Employees and Sub Organization filters in Employees Assign Learning dialog in the LMS
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System - LMS
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to the LMS as a Supervisor that supervises Employees that are also supervisors
- Navigate to the "Employees" tab
- Click the "Assign Learning" link in the right side menu
- Click the "plus" next to Employees
- Note the checkboxes for "Indirect Employees" and "Sub Organizations"
- Checking and unchecking the boxes without any search terms in the top row search boxes does not seem to do anything in regards to the search results
- The Indirect Employees and Sub Organization check boxes are filter for the "Supervisor" search box and "Organization" search box, not the Employee search results if the search boxes are left blank
- Adding a search term to Supervisor will allow you to filter on whether or not you want to return the Indirect Employees of that Supervisor
- Adding a search term to the Organization will allow you to filter on whether or not you wish to return sub-organizations of that Organization
- The layout of the search filters is directly under the Search Box it is meant to filter
- For example, say my user "John Doe" is a Supervisor of employee "Jane Doe" and "Jane Doe" is a supervisor of "Max Musterman"
- Logged in as John Doe, my initial search results will return both Jane Doe and Max Musterman
- If John Doe is added into the Supervisor Search box and "Indirect Employees" is checked, both Jane Doe and Max Musterman would be returned
- Max Musterman is an Indirect Employee of John Doe via Jane Doe
- If "Indirect Employees" is unchecked, only Jane Doe is returned and Max Musterman is filtered out
Assign learning, indirect employee, emp, sub organization filter, sub-organization, dialog window, supervisor link, LRN-10552, Employees Assign Learning dialog , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To