Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
There are times when you would like to have contents/courses that are in multiple languages marked complete when the user completes course in one language.
This KBA explains how to have that Setup in the SuccessFactors LMS system.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS) - All Supported Versions
There are two ways with which this can be achieved:
1. Make sure the content/course is created that way.
The content could be created in such a way that it would request the user the language preference at the very beginning of the course and render pages/contents based on their language choice. The downside of this is, the content would become huge as you need to club a lot of contents into one course/content and if you already have separate courses in different languages. It would require time and resources(energy and money) to create a new one again.
2. We can make use of an option called "Requirements" with the Curricula.
- Logon as an LMS Admin and create items with multiple languages instead of multiple content objects in an item. Like Item_English, Item_Russian, Item_German etc., and link the respective content objects with the items.
- Go to Learning -> Requirements -> Add New -> Choose "Items from Pool of Items" in the Requirement type drop down -> Provide an ID and other details
- In the next page, under "Enter the required number of Items" enter the value "1" as you want to provide credit to the users even if they complete only one Item (language) -> Add all the items with multiple languages that was created earlier -> Select "Add"
- Now we need a Curricula to which we need to assign this Requirement, go to Learning -> Curricula -> Add New -> Provide an ID, title and description -> Add
- In the new curricula, select "Contents" under the Related tab(bottom left corner) -> Edit -> Click the big Green Plus sign -> Choose "Requirements" -> Search for the requirements that was created earlier -> Add
- Assign this Curricula to the Users (you can find this,"Assign", option under the Actions tab of the curricula, top right corner).
- Now the users can take only one course and the complete Requirement would be marked complete thereby marking the Curricula complete. Please check the attached screenshot, "Curricula-Requirement.jpg".
multilingual content, multi language item complete, course in multiple languages, user completes course in one language, course languages , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , How To