- When running a report in the Learning Management System (LMS), the status returned as "Failed"
- Report Background Jobs are failing
- The following message is displayed:
- The system was unable to generate your report due to an error. You can try again, or contact your system administrator for more information and assistance.
Note: This error message is generic, so there could be other causes. This KBA covers corrected this error when the Locale is not set for the User/Admin who is running/schedule the LMS Reports
- SAP SuccessFactors Enterprise Learning
- Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon as the user that receives the error when running/scheduling the reports
- Navigate to the Links tile and select Reports
- Run, or schedule, any report
- Status returns as Failed and displays the message:
- "The system was unable to generate your report due to an error. You can try again, or contact your system administrator for more information and assistance."
- This may be due to the User set to run the reports not having a Locale set in LMS
- Reports require the I18nLocaleVO variable to have a value set for the user's locale
Set the User's Locale to resolve this error. The user can do this themselves, or an LMS Admin can update the locale for the user:
Logged in as the User:
- Login as the user
- Navigate to "Options and Settings" in the "Links" tile
- Under "Select a Locale and Time Zone", set your preferred locale
- Click "Apply Changes"
As the Administrator:
- Login as an Administrator
- Navigate to "Users" and search for the user with the issue
- Open the User's record
- In the "Related" menu (bottom left), click the "More" link
- Select the "Preferences" tab on the left
- Set the user's locale and other required fields (marked with red star)
- Save the user record
- Test reports as that user again
Note: If the user was created via Connector, ensure the connector is setup correctly to set the locale for imported users to avoid this from occurring again.
SF SuccessFactors Success Factors LMS Learning Management System report fail failed failing external user never returns doesn't won't show display error specific all every locale local language I18nLocaleVO null variable , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-REP , Reporting Data , Problem