- Field data type different in Crystal Reports 2016.
- Boolean field set to display as a string, shows as boolean in Crystal Reports 2016.
- When updating a report created in Crystal Reports 2013 and below, based off PostgreSQL, it generates error in formula due to incorrect data type.
- PostgreSQL Boolean fields displays as a String data type in Crystal Reports 2013 and below, when the PostgreSQL ODBC Driver option: “Bools as Char” is checked, but shows as a Boolean data type in Crystal Reports 2016.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Microsoft ODBC Administrator, create an ODBC DSN for a PostgreSQL data source.
- Check the option: "Bools as Char": to convert Boolean Field as string field.
- In Crystal Reports 2016, create a report off PostgreSQL using the ODBC connection.
- Select to add the table containing boolean value field.
- Check the data type displayed for the boolean filed.
Notice, it displays the Boolean fields as Boolean and not as string, therefore it does not respect the option defined on the ODBC DSN.
- This issue have been traked under SAP Note 2343622
- The issue is planned to be resolved in the following product update and above:
- Crystal Reports 2016:
- Support Pack 04
CR, Bool , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Bug Filed
SAP Crystal Reports 2016