- Table (Ad Hoc) or Canvas (ORD) reports are taking a long time to load.
- How to reduce the time taken for reports to complete?
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
The Report execution time depends on multiple factors.
To list a few:
- Number of columns and rows (amount of data)
- Filters applied (if any)
- Calculated columns
- User’s target population (The amount of data the user has been granted access to)
- Number of permission roles and group combinations that the user gets access to this target population (RBP complexity)
- Server load:
- In cloud applications, especially during business hours, the performance will vary.
If we run the same report in quiet vs busy hours, the time to complete will not be the same.
- Sometimes, even running the report in busy hours, it can run faster because on that specific point in time the server was not overloaded.
The report execution time has been optimized as much as possible from our side, through multiple years of iterative improvements.
A few ways you could reduce the time taken for the report(s) to run:
- Remove unused tables and fields
- Narrow down the report's people scope
- Reduce the date range, if the report is a date effective one
- Schedule the report to be run offline, there by avoiding a wait time
- Grant the desired target population through fewer and less complex RBP rules
report, performance, time, why, taking, so, long, slow, enhance, improve, too, wait, fast , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , Problem