This article presents a summary about XML Feeds in Recruiting Marketing and related information that might be useful for customers and partners to know.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing (RMK) - All versions
XML Feeds are the automated wire transfer of job content between the customer’s ATS (Applicant Tracking System) and job boards and aggregators, replacing the manual posting of jobs. “Apply URL tracking” is automatically set up for each job within the feed.
Two types of XML feeds are set up for customers:
- Standard (Free): All Jobs Feeds that involve no customization or level of support from the RMK Media Team to set up and distribute to the receiving source.
- Custom (Paid): Any Job Feed that requires a level of filtering, client specific customization, and/or detailed “on-call” support from the RMK Media Team to create and deliver to the source.
- Example 1: Only Nursing Jobs are sent to a Niche Healthcare site.
- Example 2: Jobs with “Account Executive” in the job title are sent to a Niche Sales site.
Standard XML Feeds
Standard XML Feeds mean that no additional filtering or support is required by the RMK Media Team. Any filtering must be facilitated and enabled by the receiving job board. SAP SuccessFactors maintains a partnership network with a number of job aggregators and job boards (Organic Network) that drive traffic to SuccessFactors customer sites. Automated feeds are set up on the customer’s go-live date. See the Recruiting Marketing Job Distribution: XML Feed Sources & Job Board Distribution document for a list of the Organic Network, including those that have international reach.
Best Practice for Standard Feeds:
- Unlimited Inventory Job Boards
- Free Job Postings
Custom XML Feeds
Custom XML Feeds limit or prioritize which jobs are sent to a specific job board based on rule-based mappings. Job filtering can be done by multiple variables or combinations:
- Job Board Picklist Code within the ATS
- Available Job Data (Location, Title, Department, Facility, etc.)
Best Practice for Custom Feeds:
- Job Prioritization (Job Slots)
- Limited Job Inventory (Job Postings)
- Specialized (Niche) Job Boards
Within Recruiting Management (RCM), the Job Board Posting picklist must be set up based on the job board priorities. The recruiter chooses the specific sites where that job will be posted. Best practice dictates that a description also be provided for easy identification. The screen capture below demonstrates the use of custom help text in a RCM job requisition to define each job code. For example, the code EX:OUT means that this job will not be automatically posted to any organic job boards.
XML Feeds, Standard and Custom Feeds , Media Services , Job Distribution , Opt-in Services , KBA , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , How To