Bulk Unlock a number of users in WFA
Users become locked out when their passwords expire from non-activity, or when they repeatedly attempt to login with an incorrect password. Once locked out, users must have their accounts unlocked by an administrator.
It is possible to filter the user accounts list at the bottom of the ‘User Maintenance’ page to show only those account which are currently locked out.
To filter the user accounts list to show only accounts which are currently locked out:
1. In the ‘User Maintenance’ page select Edit Filters.
2. Selecting Edit Filters will allow an administrator to apply a multitude of filters.
3. From here, an administrator can filter the users to all those ‘locked out’ by selecting True in the ‘Locked’ row.
4. Select Ok
To unlock a number of users:
1. In the ‘User Maintenance’ page select the Bulk Unlock button. This will open the ‘Bulk Unlock’ form. This form displays a list of all the currently locked user accounts.
2. Select the check boxes corresponding to the user accounts which will become unlocked.
3. Once all of the user accounts to be unlocked have been selected, click on the Unlock button.
4. Alternatively, if all users are to be unlocked, ticking the ‘Select All’ box will select every ‘Locked Out’ user.
5. Upon unlocking all the desired accounts, select Done.
Bulk Unlock User Maintenance , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , How To