The workflow placeholders created for the multivalue extension fields are not working as expected.
Reproducing the Issue
- You have configured a workflow rule so that an e-mail/ notification would be triggered to configured party.
- The e-mail/notification has been triggered as per workflow rule.
- But in the content of the e-mail/notification for one of the placeholder, the code value is shown instead of description.
Descriptions in the desired language is not maintained for those multivalue extension fields. Hence the descriptions for the corresponding values are not displayed and the code values are displayed instead.
Maintain the description of the multivalue extension fields in all desired languages.
I. If the multivalue field in question is created using KUT:
- Logon to HTML UI.
- Select Adapt -> Edit Master Layout.
- Select the multivalue field and Edit its property.
- You will find the description is maintained for each values in English.
- Add description for the disered languages too.
- Save your changes and come out of the adaptation mode.
II. If the multivalue field in question is created using SDK:
- Logon to SDK.
- Open the solution.
- Right click on the solution and select Translation -> Check Status.
- Translation screen will appear -> check the entry for the target language.
- You can see the number of translated texts.
- If you see that there are no texts translated here for the target language then that means you have not uploaded the translations properly to this tenant. You can ask developer to import the translation again.
Please find more details for the steps in SDK in case document 2230974 - How to Handle Translation Issues Related to PDI Solutions.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To