- ASE errorlog reports an "infected with signal 11" error in the module s_estmt_pssinit() with a stack trace:
Current process infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001c4650b (s_estmt_pssinit+0x6b)
- The stack trace includes functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- There may be performance and/or procedure cache issues preceding the signal 11 error.
- ASE errorlog may show Error 701 explicitly and/or as part of the stack trace 'lasterror' field:
Error: 701, Severity: 17, State: 3
There is not enough procedure cache to run this procedure, trigger, or SQL batch. Retry later, or ask your SA to reconfigure ASE with more procedure cache.
lasterror = 701
- ASE server may crash following these errors.
- The error persists despite increasing the "procedure cache size" ASE configuration parameter.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
822898, CR822898, 822898, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault, kisignal, stacktrace, registers, shutdown , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.