A workflow rule to derive the territory for an account automatically on every save was set up. After updating the sales data, the territory is not updated according to the maintained territory rules.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Territory Rules that assign a territory to an account based on sales data (e.g. Sales Group).
Setting up the workflow rule:
- Go to the work center Administrator.
- Select the view Workflow Rules.
- Click on the hyperlink New.
- Enter a name for the workflow rule in the field Description.
- Select the value Account from the dropdown list in the field Business Object.
- Select the value On Every Save from the dropdown list in the field Timing.
- Click the button Next until Step 3: Define Actions.
- Select the value Action from the dropdown list in the field Rule Type.
- Select the value Derive Territories from the dropdown list in the field Select Action.
- Click the button Next.
- Click the button Activate.
- Click the button Finish.
Reproducing the issue:
- Go to the work center Customers.
- Select the view Accounts.
- Find and open account ABC (ABC represents the name of the account).
- Select the facet Sales Data.
- Click on the button Edit.
- Click on the icon Value Selection in the field Sales Group.
- Select sales group XYZ (XYZ represents the name of the sales group).
- Click the button Save.
The territory was not updated.
A sales data update (e.g. sales group update) will not lead to a save of the business object Customer.
This is an expected system behaviour. As a work around ,you can create the same workflow on the Business object Sales Data which stores the Account sales data .
Workflow on the Sales data business object also supports the Derive territory action.
Derive territory; Workflow; Account; , KBA , LOD-CRM-WKF , Workflow , How To