While posting the bank transfer and error message appears and hence it is not possible to post bank transfer
Error: 'Payment Correspondence Profile Missing For Payment Medium Format XYZ and Bank Transfer Appears and hence it is not possible to post bank transfer.'
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management or Liquidity mangement work center.
- Click on New Outgoing Bank Transfer.
- Fill the required data and click on Post.
- System shows the below error message.
Payment Correspondence Profile Missing For Payment Medium Format XYZ and Bank Transfer
In the Business configuration activity : Outgoing bank transfer, Payment Medium format is either not assigned to the payment Method and Payment correspondance profile or it has been assigned to payment method with specific Origin of paid item.
Origin of Paid Item : When maintaining the specific value for this field, system allows creation of payment from related work centers only.
For example: If Payment Medium format XYZ is assigned to bank transfer and Payment correspondance profile with origin of paid item as : Trade payables. So system will allow the creation of the bank transfer from Payables work center but not from Payment management or Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to the Business configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation project view.
- Select the Implementation Project and click on Open activity list.
- Navigate to the Fine tune tab.
- Search and Open Activity : Outgoing Bank Transfers.
- Click on Edit assignment of payment correspondence profiles to payment medium formats.
- Select Row with the desired payment medium format.
- Under the details section of the screen, Click on Add Row.
- Maintain Payment Method and respective Payment Correspondance profile, keeping Blank for the field Origin of Paid Items.
- Click on Save.
Now when you create the new Payment system will not raise an error message.
Help Center document : Outgoing Bank Transfers - Configuration Guide
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To