- Verify the connection for IDT, in order to narrow down the SQL Server driver has successfully installed on the client machine.
- The connection can be established successfully between the client machine and the SQL Server database.
- The connection test is getting failed in IDT/UDT, thus needed to ensure the problem is at database or universe level.
- When the connection is still failing after performin the Resolution section, contact the local Database Administrator to install appropriate middleware for the SQL Server database.
- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- Information Design Tool
- Universe Design Tool
- Microsoft SQL Server 20xx
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1 ; SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.2 ; SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1
sql server, connection, test connection, UDL file, IDT, Information Design Tool, Universe Design Tool , KBA , BI-BIP-SL , Semantic Layer , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.