When you perform an Electronic Financial Reporting Run the output XML file is empty.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center General Ledger
- Select view Electronic Financial Reporting - Germany
- Choose the relevant run and press View Report Run Results
- Click tab Attachments
- Download the respective XML file and open it in Excel
- You can see that there are no values displayed in the XML file.
In work center Business Configuration the assignment of the Financial Reporting Structure to the nodes of the Assigned Financial Reporting Item/Accounts and the respective Taxonomy ID has not been done correctly. Therefore you get a zero value in the output XML file.
- Go to work center Business Configuration
- Select view Overview
- Search for "*Electronic Financial*"
- Click on Electronic Financial Reporting
- Press Edit Taxonomies for Electronic Financial Reporting
- Highlight Taxonomy ID and press Add Row
- Add e.g. Financial Reporting Structure Type as Balance Sheet and select a corresponding Financial Reporting Structure
- Select Edit Assignment
- On the right section you see now the Balance Sheet
- Expand this Balance Sheet
- Open up e.g. Assets - Long Term Assets - Tangible Assets - Plant and Machinery - Acquisition Value
- Under Assignment Details below you can see that nothing is maintained
- On the left section now open a node and press "Assign" to assign a node or "Unassign" to unassign a node. Beware here: "Assign" button is only activated on node level on the right, not on G/L Account level.
- Note: You can mark the checkboxes for "Calculation" as per your needs
- Press Close and then Save and Close
If you conduct now a Electronic Financial Reporting Run the XML output file should have values.
Also see Case Document:
2208351 - Financial Reporting Structures Missing for Year End Closing Report Run
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To