You have executed Update Inventory Cost run and received error message:
No valid cost of type ABC exists for material DEF in business residence XYZ. (ABC represents cost type, DEF represents Material ID, XYZ represents Business Residence ID)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Go to Periodic Tasks view.
- Go to Update Inventory Costs subview.
- Select the relevant run.
- Click on View.
- Go to Not Processed tab.
You can see the error message: No valid cost of type ABC exists for material DEF in business residence XYZ.
The error is due to Source Cost Type is selected as ABC under Data Selection tab and you have not maintained the ABC cost type in the Material master data.
You need to maintain the Cost Type for the respective Material.
- In the Product Data work center, choose the Materials view.
- Search material DEF and click Edit.
- In the Valuation tab, select the respective Business Residence XYZ.
- Edit the ABC Cost Type for the assigned Sets of Books and for a certain validity-period.
- Click Save.
You should now be able to sucessfully complete an Update Inventory Cost run for Source Cost Type ABC.
No valid cost, Update Inventory Cost , KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To