- Unable to open an SAP Dashboards file in BI launch pad.
- Or when converting Dashboards report to PDF file the following error message occurs:
"To access external data, this file must be trusted.
For a PDF file, in Adobe Reader, click Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced).
For any other file type:
**Do NOT click OK until you have read all the following steps.**
1. Click OK to close this message and open the Adobe Settings Manager in a web browser.
2. Click Global Security Settings Panel.
3. On the Global Security Settings Panel:
a). In the "Always trust files in these locations" drop-down, select
b). Click Browse for files.
c). Do one of the following:
- For a PowerPoint file, navigate to the PowerPoint.exe location. - For all other file types, navigate to the location of this file.
d). Click Open.
4. Close the Adobe Settings Manager. Re-open this file.
If the problem persists, contact the file creator or your system administrator.
Error: Error #2170
Connection Type: Web Service
File URL: file://PDFMedia023453/g/0.swf
External Data URL: http://localhost:8080/dswsbobje/services/XcelsiusWebServices"
- It is possible to Preview the file in Dashboards designer.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.1
bi, bo, 4.1, dashboards, xcelsius, error, #2170, 2170, access external data, this file must be trusted, PDF, open, SWF, Adobe Reader, web service, preview, crossdomain, tomcat, root, xml , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.