How can a user archive an SAP Jam group without deleting it?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
Reproducing the Issue
In some instances a user may wish to make a group inactive, making users not being able to view the group.
An example would be that the project for which the group was created has ended but may be active in the future again.
Currently there is no native feature on Jam to Archive a group, so If you wish to somehow archive an SAP Jam group but have the ability to use it again in the future, please follow this work-around steps:
- Remove all users from the group, expect yourself
- From the left-hand column click 'Group Admin' and 'Edit Group'
- In the 'Name' field add the word 'Archive' to the start of your group name
- In the 'Description' field add some relevant text stating that the group is no longer active
- Change the group type to 'Private'. This will ensure that the
- Under 'Invite Policy' ensure that the tickbox 'Allow others to request to join this group' is not ticked.
The result of the above steps is that:
- The group will not appear in search results
- The group will not appear in 'Browse groups'
- Users cannot request to join the group
If you wish to 're-activate' the group again simply update the name, invite users to the group and change the group type and invite policy, if desired.
archive jam group, hide jam group, invisible, close, retire jam group, archive, SAP Jam Group, inactive , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , How To