What is the importance of Position Types?
Position Types can be used to influence standard system behavior. It is a field (with Name type) in Position object's definition. It can have either of the following two values:
- Regular Position (RP): Only one incumbent can be assigned to the position
- Shared Position (SP): More than one incumbents can be assigned to the position
Use of Position Types should be enabled / disabled from Admin Center -> Position Management Settings -> General tab -> Use Position Types.
Please note that it is possible to create more Position Types apart from RP and SP from Manage Data -> Position Type. There are a list of pre-delivered codes for this and only those should be used. The following standard system behaviors are influenced by use of Position Types.
- Trigger a workflow if position changes have been synchronized to incumbents.
- To whom direct reports should be transferred when the current manager leaves his/her position.
- Whether reporting line should be adapted when position hierarchy is changed.
- How Job Relationships are adapted.
- Manage Transition Periods for more than one position.
RECLASSIFICATION TRANSITION SHARED REGULAR , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-POS , Position Management , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem