Scheduled Employee Import (SFTP jobs) not validating the required field of User data import file. It is uploading the user import file even with blank username/invalid Manager.
SuccessFactors: Employee Import Jobs
Reproducing the Issue
- Schedule an Employee Import Job in Provisioning
- Run the job by placing the import file in SFTP server leaving any required field blank like username/invalid manager ID
- The job completes without any error, no validation occurred.
- Perform validation check for the same import file via Employee data import in Admin center, there are validation errors for required fields.
There is an option in Provisioning that controls the validation of required field of Employee data file:
"Assign default required field values for new users if none specified"
When this feature is enabled:
- If Username field is blank then system will automatically populate with the value of UserID
- If user has invalid manager, system will automatically populate as no manager.
Please contact your partner or support team if you want to change the behavior and disable "Assign default required field values for new users if none specified".
Assign default required field values for new users if none specified Employee Import Job No validation on required field user job, required field , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-USR , User Management , Problem