- ASE errorlog reports a signal 11 at address bufpindirty
- Or in some cases, signal 11 at smp_bufpredirty
- See attachment Full_Stack_Example.txt for full log entries
Current process (0x1bff013e) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000000e281fb (bufpindirty+0x36b)
- With buffer predirty warning and a stacktrace including functions
WARNING: 1 buffer was found in a predirty state during the termination of spid 3488 (Pss: 0x0x00000004b86ab8d8).
- As a result, new connections are not accepted and existing server processes (spids) seem to hang.
- Checking sysprocesses or sp_who (if still possible) shows (many) processes in COMMIT or ROLLBACK state.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
800396, signal 11, CR800396, bufpindirty, plcblock__flush, commit, transaction , KBA , hung, running slow , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.