In the Invite to Apply and Employee Referral emails, instead of being redirected to the job description page in RMK, the link sends the candidate to the RMK home page instead.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Marketing
Reproducing the Issue
Invite to Apply
- Post a requisition.
- Forward an external candidate to the requisition.
- Within the talent pipeline, move the candidate to the "invite to apply" status.
- The link in the invite to apply email redirects the candidate to the RMK home page instead of the job description page in RMK as expected.
- Post a requisition.
- Go to the careers site.
- For the posted requisition, go to the 'Select Action' dropdown menu and choose 'Refer friend to job'.
- The link in the employee referral email that the candidate receives redirects them to the RMK home page instead of the job description page in RMK.
The locale used when performing the invite to apply/employee referral must match one of the locales the job has been posted in. For example, a job is only posted in French. The recruiter/user who referred the candidate is using a Spanish locale (they are logged in in Spanish).
The system behaviour when deciding where the URL in the email will direct to is thus:
- The first attempt is to try to find a job matching the provided requisition ID and provided locale.
- If there is no match then the next attempt is to find a job matching the provided requisition ID and RMK site default locale (if you are unsure what that is then reach out to your implementation partner).
- If there is no match here then the URL will redirect to the RMK site home page.
For example :
A job is only posted in French. (French posting language)
The invite to apply/employee referral is triggered using a Spanish locale (recruiter logged in in Spanish)
The site default locale is English.
The system is unable to land the candidate on the Spanish job details page as there is no such page since the job was only posted in French.
The system looks for the default locale version of the job which is English but this does not exist either, again because the job was only posted in French.
The system defaults back to the RMK home page.
The locale used when performing an invite to apply/employee referral must match one of the locales the job has been posted in.
The easiest way to ensure this is to make sure that all jobs are automatically posted in the RMK default site locale.
KBA , LOD-SF-RMK , Recruiting Marketing , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem